Sunday 30 June 2013

9 Quick Blogging Tips


Blogging Tips
I was totally stuck for a blog post tonight.
My brain just didn’t want to function.
I could have come up with a thousand reasons (exuses) for why I couldn’t write today.
Instead, I asked my Facebook friends for help…

“I am working on a blog post filled with blogging tips from the community. If you could share just one tip, what would it be?”

Do it regularly." – Terra Williams
Proofread one last time before publishing or read the blog post out loud. Does it make sense?" – Derek Price
Don't be afraid to break from the norm. Also put yourself into it, the good, the bad, and the ugly... be real!" – Richelle Anderson
Just do it. Pick a subject and write a little, and do it regularly, and don't let yourself get caught up in how many followers you have or don't have." – Stephen King
Hook the reader at the beginning of the piece." – Karen Bain
I agree with Derek ... proofread. Stupid mistakes will make you sound stupid and cost you readers. I may be in the minority here, but I just can't read blogs that are filled with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes." – Glenda Cherry
Carry a pen and paper or something else to write down your ideas for blogs. Then create a title and make it a "draft". When you hit a dry spot, you have all those great ideas to pull from. And if you see someone else has blogged about something and you have your own views, repurpose the content and make a blog out of it." – Diane L. Coville
I wouldn't let grammar or spelling hold you back. I have read blogs that are pretty elementary and I have said - that's where that person is starting from and whoa - they have started!!" – Carol Tomany
Hey wait! I thought you said there were 9 tips!
There are!
The 9th tip is not to be afraid to ask your friends for help now and then. :)