Wednesday 14 May 2014

She Was Walked Out Of A UBA Interview For Wearing Flat Shoes

We all know getting a job in Nigeria is a very difficult task, but the harassment alot of job seekers especially females face from employers is absolutely ridiculous, in this case this lady was walked out of an interview at UBA for not being sexy enough; turning up in flat shoes instead of heels !


Quote
Good Morning,

Opened your blog today and decided to tell you my story to share.

So, I'm a recent graduate and I applied to work with UBA at #137, Port-Harcourt. I got invited for the test in February and I passed. Since then, I hadn't heard anything from them so I went back to Lagos to do my Acca exams.


So early yesterday morning (Monday 3am Nigerian time) I got a text from them for an interview by 11AM for Tuesday.


Being in Lagos, I had to fly down that early morning 7am to Port-Harcourt for my interview which I didn't initially want to go for because I hadn't prepared (Like who sends interview text messages with a 7hour notice? What if I was out of the country). Anyway, I paid the ridiculous air fare and flew down.

I went to the interview straight from the airport wearing a gown suit (with jacket and everything)and flat black work shoes. As I was about to enter the interview room, the HR madam (Ms Ify or so)saw me and now said " So you're wearing flat shoes for an interview, don't bother just go". I was stunned. She repeated "I said come out of the room and go, don't enter".

I almost considered going to buy some heels in a nearby boutique but when I got there, I had to ask myself some serious questions. What has wearing heels and wearing a flat corporate shoe have to do with what is in my brain- with that, I just left.

Maybe this doesn't reflect the true image of UBA bank but Ms Ify at #137 PH needs to be cautioned. Its hard enough for young graduates to get an exam space and then pass the exam. You now have to wear heels. Is it a job or part-time prostitution I'm being interviewed for? It is well.

Pls share with blog visitors.. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments pls.we will love to hear your opinion...